Daily GK Updates July 2017: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post.
We have updated today Daily GK Updates September 2017, Current Affairs September 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields.
Daily Gk Updates 1st September
1.Michel Temer sworn in as new Brazil president
2. DCB Bank launches mobile payment service for retail outlets
3Bangladesh has named former Sri Lankan cricketer Thilan Samaraweera as their batting consultant for next month’s home series against England.
4.President of Egypt to arrive on three-day visit to India today
5.TVSN Prasad Committee submitted its report on use of Pallet Guns
6.India to host Kabaddi World Cup in October
- International Kabaddi Federation has announced India will host the Kabaddi World Cup this year.
- There are 12 countries namely USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Iran, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Korea, Japan and Kenya will play in this event.
7.Railway Minister lays foundation stone of new railway project in Nagaland
- Today, Union Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu has laid the foundation stone of a new railway line from Dimapur Dhansiripar to Zubza Kohima(123-kilometre).
- The railway ministry has initially sanctioned an amount of Rs 850 crore for the implementation of the 40-km line from Dimapur to Zubza.
- The proposed railway link would connect 24 villages and towns through its route with the final halt at Thizama under Kohima district.
8.NTPC commissions NP Kunta power project
- NTPC Ltd has commissioned a 50 MW (1X50 MW) capacity solar photovoltaic power project of NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Power Project Stage-I at Anantapuramu in Andhra Pradesh.
- With this, the installed capacity of NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Power Project Stage-I coming up at Anantapuramu has touched 250 MW and that of NTPC Group now stands at 47,228 MW.
9.IRS officer Rani Singh Nair takes over as new chairperson of CBDT
10.IRCTC’s Food on Track app ties up with Mobikwik for e-cash payments
11.Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Japan to develop food value chain
12.Patna Pirates wins 4th season of Pro Kabaddi League
13.ICICI Bank reduces MCLR by 0.05%
Daily Gk Updates 2nd September
1.Anuradha Rao appointed as MD, CEO of SBI Mutual Fund
2.Maharashtra Governor sworn in as Tamil Nadu’s acting Governor
3.All India Police Athletics Championship begins in Hyderabad
4.The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee has condoled the passing away of H. E. Mr Islam Karimov, President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
5.India to host international summit on tobacco-control
- India will host a global summit to eliminate the illicit trade of tobacco products in which around 180 countries delegates will participate.
- The summit is scheduled from November 7th to 12th at the Indian Exposition Mart in Noida.
- This will be the 7th session of the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control .
6.Odisha govt to recruit transgenders as jail warders
The Odisha government has decided to recruit members of transgender community persons as warders in jails of the State as per the directive of the Supreme Court. The home department has issued instructions to the Odisha Subordinate Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) to include the gender category.
6.ICICI Bank ties up with Apollo India to form ARC
7.Bhaskar Khulbe appointed Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Bhaskar Khulbe, a Senior IAS officer of 1983 batch of West Bengal cadre has been appointed as Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He was Additional Secretary in Prime Minister’s Office.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the appointment of Khulbe with effect from 7th August.
- He will look after work related to Cabinet Secretariat and thrust areas of the government.
8.Bank of Baroda ties up with start-up Fisdom
9.Indian-American Professor Emeritus Braj B Kachru passes away
10.Novak Djokovic wins fourth Rogers Cup championship
11.Wrestler Narsingh Yadav gets NADA’s clean chit in doping case
Daily Gk Updates 3rd September
1.G-20 Summit 2016 start in Chinese city of Hangzhou tomorrow
- Two-day G-20 Summit of the world’s major economies will start in the Chinese city of Hangzhou discuss efforts to reform global economic governance.
2.Zaheer Khan gets MCC’s Honorary Life Membership
- Zaheer Khan, former India pacer has been inducted as an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
3.India, Vietnam Sign 12 Agreements to Boost Bilateral ties
4.All India Police Athletics Championship begins in Hyderabad
5.Actor Jon Polito passes away
6.Assamese poet Nalini Dhar Bhattacharyya passes away
7.Kerala appoints Sachin as brand ambassador for anti-liquor campaign
Daily Gk Updates 4th September
1.RBI to issue Rs 5 coin on golden jubilee of 1965 Indo-Pak war
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to issue coins of 5 rupees denomination to commemorate golden jubilee year of Indo-Pak War 1965.
- These coins will be issued under in The Coinage Act, 2011. It will bear Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar in the centre and Satyamev Jayate will be inscribed below it.
2.Haryana bags Skoch Order-of-Merit National Award for implementing e-governance initiatives
- Haryana bagges the Skoch Order-of-Merit national award for implementation of six e-Governance and IT initiatives in the state.
- The award will be presented to the state government during the 41st Skoch Summit – Transformative Governance.
3.SAARC countries’ conference on Disaster Mitigation begins in New Delhi
- Disaster Mitigation conference of member counties of South Asian Association on Regional Cooperation (SAARC) has begun in New Delhi.
- The two day conference seeks to chalk out and undertake various joint efforts on various issues related to disaster mapping and mitigation in the member nations.
- It also seeks collaborative action amongst member countries to deal jointly and individually in disaster situations and ensure minimal loss of lives and property.
4.Punjab Government establishes Special MGNREGA cell
5.ONGC buys 15% stake in Russia’s 2nd-largest oil field from Rosneft
6.West-Central Railway becomes first zone to eliminate Unmanned Level Crossings7.Union Government cancels registration of Greenpeace India
8.President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov passes away
Daily Gk Updates5-6thSeptember
1.New 19 Ministers inducted and 1 elevated to the Cabinet rank into PM Modi’s Cabinet
- In a much-awaited council of minister’s expansion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expanded his Cabinet by inducting 19 new ministers in the government while one has been elevated to the cabinet rank.
- President Pranab Mukherjee administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new Ministers at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
2.World famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath begins at Puri
- The world famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath has begun today in Puri, Odisha as well as in different parts of the country.
- Rath Yatra marks is an annual celebration of the journey of Lord Jagannath ,his brother Lord Balbhadra and sister Subhadra to the Gundicha temple.
3.Jawaharlal Nehru Port becomes India’s first port to implement Logistics Data Tagging of Containers
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port has become the first port in India to implement logistics data tagging of containers.
- The logistics data bank tagging of containers is a first of its kind facility which will help importers and exporters track their goods in transit. A RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Tag) tag would be attached to each container which would be tracked through RIFD readers installed at different locations.
4.World’s largest charkha unveiled at Delhi airport
5.Centre nod for renaming of Mhow railway station after B R Ambedkar
10.Niranjan wins eight medals in IWAS World Games
Daily Gk Updates 7September
1. Deepak Singhal becomes new Chief Secretary of UP
- Principal Secretary of Irrigation Deepak Singhal has been appointed the new Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
- He has replaced Alok Ranjan, who has got retire on 30 June 2016 after a three-month extension of service.
2. Namami Gange projects have been launched
- Giving a major boost to Namami Gange Programme, Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti has inaugurated 231 projects at various locations across seven states including Uttarakhand, UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Haryana and Delhi.
- These projects will involve modernization and redevelopment of Ghats and crematoriums, development of sewage infrastructure and treatment, afforestation, tree plantation, pilot drain project, interceptor drain project, trash skimmers and conservation of biodiversity.
3.Odisha government doubles prize money of Unesco Kalinga prize
- The Odisha government has decided to double the Unesco Kalinga prize-2017 money from 20 thousand to 40 thousand US dollars.
- The increase in the prize money was approved by the Odisha government.
4.Prakash Javadekar takes charge of HRD ministry:
- Newly-elevated Cabinet minister Prakash Javadekar took charge of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, HRD.
- He replaces Smriti Irani, who after serving as the HRD minister for two years, took charge of the Ministry of Textiles yesterday.
- He is the only Minister of State to be elevated to cabinet rank in reshuffle.
5.India slips to 91st place in 2016 Networked Readiness Index
6.China inducts largest homegrown Y-20 military transport plane
7.SBI Card launches premium credit card ‘ELITE’
8.Govt forms panel to examine desirability and feasibility of new financial year
9.Non-urea fertiliser prices slashed by up to Rs 5,000/tonne
10. Dipa Karmakar becomes first Indian gymnast to bag ‘World Class Gymnast’ award
Daily Gk Updates 8September
1.India sets up apparel training centre in Nigeria
- India has set up an apparel training centre in Nigeria to support textiles industry of the west African country.
- This is a first of its kind centre in Nigeria set up in partnership with their government. The center is aimed to support and catalyze the initiative of Nigeria in realising the objectives to rebuild the cotton and textile value chain and address the need for the skilled workforce for domestic as well export-oriented apparel industry in the west African region.
2.Film festival on wildlife has begun in Shimla
- A three-day Woodpecker Environment and Wildlife Film Festival has begun at historic Gaiety Theatre in Shimla.
- The festival is being organized by WWF-India in collaboration with CMSR foundation, Delhi with the support of the Himachal Pradesh’s Department of Language, Art and culture and Department of Forest.
3.Govt rolls out KVK portal for monitoring of farm centres
- Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has launched an online portal designed to monitor the functioning of nearly 645 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), known as farm-science centres, spread across the country.
- During the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the South African country Mozambique, India and Mozambique have signed three agreements in the area of drug trafficking (1st), pulse trading (2nd) and youth affairs & sports
5.THE GOI CONSTITUTE A COMMITTEE TO EXAMINE DESIRABILITY AND FEASIBILITY OF NEW FY
6. S K Kohli appointed as the chief defence accounts auditor
7.Maharashtra CM expands Council of Ministers
8.South African writer Lidudumalingani Mqombothi wins 2016 Caine Prize
Daily Gk Updates 9 September
1. India, S Africa sign MoUs in four areas of co-operation
- India and South Africa have signed memorandums of understanding (MoUs) in four areas of co-operation.
- The MoUs have been signed after a delegation-level talks headed by Prime Minister Narendara Modi and South African President Jacob Zuma in Pretoria, South Africa.
2.UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED NATIONAL GREEN HIGHWAYS MISSION
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari launched the National Green Highways Mission in New Delhi.
- Under this initiative, plantation drive on 1500 km of National Highways was launched at a cost of about 300 crore rupees.
3.Radhika Menon: First woman to receive Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea
4.Union Government launches KVK portal for monitoring of farm centres
5.Govt to clean 10 iconic places under ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’6.India sets up apparel training centre in Nigeria
7.Pakistani philanthropist Abdul Sattar Edhi passes away
8.Milos Raonic beat Roger Federer to reach Wimbledon final
9.Google acquires Paris-based startup Moodstocks
10.Veteran music director Om Prakash Sonik passes away
Daily Gk Updates10-11thSeptember
1.Andy Murray and Serena Williams win Wimbledon 2016
- Britain’s Andy Murray has won the 2016 Wimbledon title in men’s singles category.
- In final match he defeated Canada’s Milos Raonic by 6–4, 7–6(7–3), 7–6(7–2).
- It was his second Wimbledon title after he had won it for first time in 2013.
- Serena Williams of United States has won 2016 Wimbledon title in women’s singles category.
- In the final she defeated Germany’s Angelique Kerber by 7–5, 6–3 score.
- It is Williams’ seventh Women’s Singles Wimbledon title (2002, 2003, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015) and overall 22nd Grand Slam title.
2. Portugal win Euro 2016 football championship
- Portugal lifted the Euro 2016 football championship at Saint-Denis in Paris beating France 1-0.
3. Indian football legend Amal Dutta passes away at 86
- Former India international Amal Dutta, who was also the first professional football coach of the country, passed away in his Kolkata residence. He was 86.
4.Aircel, Airtel 4G Spectrum Trading Deal Approved by DoT
5.Lewis Hamilton wins 4th British Grand Prix of his career
6.Srinivasan K Swamy to get AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award
7. Tathagata Roy sworn-in as acting Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
Daily Gk Updates 12 September
1.India, Kenya ink seven agreements
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of standardisation, expertise sharing and mutual trade between Bureau of Indian Standards and Bureau of Kenya Standards.
MoU on Cooperation in the field of National Housing Policy Development and Management.
- The line of Credit Agreement for US $15 million (first tranche of US $30 million) to IDB Capital Limited, Kenya, for the development of various small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Kenya.
- The line of Credit Agreement for the US $29.95 million to the Government of Kenya for the upgrade of Rift Valley Textiles Factory (RIVATEX East Africa Limited), Kenya.
- Revised Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
- A bilateral agreement on the exemption of Visa for holders of Diplomatic passports.
- MoU on Defence Cooperation.
2.President confers the 51st Jnanpith Award on Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari
- The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee conferred the 51st Jnanpith Award on the renowned writer, Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari.
- ii. The Jnanpith Award is an Indian literary award presented annually by the Bharatiya Jnanpith and is given to an author for the “outstanding contribution towards literature”. Instituted in 1961.
Daily Gk Updates 13 September
1.Indian Navy’s Marine Commandos’ INS Karna commissioned
- Indian Navy has commissioned INS Karna, an independent base of Marine Commandos (MARCOS) at Bheemunipatanam Naval Base, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- INS Karna has been commissioned by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- The commissioning of a new base to the Special Forces of the Indian Navy will play important role to safeguard our nation’s vast maritime interests.
2.Pokhara-New Delhi direct bus service launched
- The first direct bus service between Pokhara (Nepal) and New Delhi (India) was launched to connect South Asia’s two important cities. This bus service was flagged off by Nepal Home Minister Shakti Bahadur Basnet and India’s ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae from Pokhara (Nepal’s famous tourist spot).
- Minister of Health and family Welfare, Shri J P Nadda, launched nationwide Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) to be observed from 11-13 July.
4.Indian economy likely to grow 7.9% this fiscal: CRISIL
5.Jinson Johnson, Dharambir Singh, Renjith Maheshwari qualify for Rio 2016 Olympics
6.HDFC Bank’s Aditya Puri named best banking CEO in Asia
7.Railways launch time-tabled Auto Express from Gurgaon to Nidvanda
8.SC reinstates Nabam Tuki-led Cong govt in Arunachal Pradesh
Daily Gk Updates 14 September
1.Operation ‘Sankat Mochan’ launched to evacuate Indian citizens from South Sudan
- The Union Government has launched ‘Operation Sankat Mochan’ to evacuate the Indians from South Sudan.
- Two C17 aircraft of Indian Air Force left for Juba with Minister of State for External Affair VK Singh onboard.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has also given its approval for Revised Cost Estimate (RCE) of Rs. 7290.62 crore for the ongoing 1020 MW Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project (HEP) in Bhutan.
3.BANGLADESH AND INDIA SIGNED RAMPAL POWER PLANT CONSTRUCTION AGREEMENT
- Bangladesh and India have signed a landmark deal for the construction of a 1,320-megawatt coal-fired power plan
4.ICC HAS RELEASED TEST, ODI, AND T20I RANKINGS
5. Ashok Patnaik appointed new National Intelligence Grid chief
Daily Gk Updates 15 September
1. SIT on black money recommends ban on cash transactions above 3 lakhs
- The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money headed by retired Justice M B Shah has recommended the ban on cash transactions of above 3 lakh rupees in a day and a separate law to declare such transactions as illegal and punishable.
2.Emirates named world’s best airline in 2016 Skytrax award
- The international airline Emirates based in Dubai has won the top honors at Skytrax World Airline Awards ceremony at the Farnborough International Airshow in England.
- According to a survey conducted by Skytrax, Emirates is the world’s best airline for the year 2016.
3.Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi appointed CBSE Chairman:
- The govt appointed a 1987- batch IAS officer Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi Chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for a five year term.
4.President to inaugurate India Skills Competition today
5.Congress announces Sheila Dikshit as Chief Ministerial candidate for UP Assembly elections
6.West Bengal govt. sets target to construct toilets across all villages of the state by March 2019
7.Hockey Olympian Joe Antic passes away
8.India first country to become YAWS-free
Daily Gk Updates 16th September
1.Nalanda Mahavihara enters UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list
- The ruins of ancient Nalanda Mahavihara (old Nalanda University) of Bihar has been included in the list of UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
- Now, Nalanda University ruins located at Nalanda district has become the second World Heritage Site in Bihar after Bodhgaya’s Mahabodhi temple.
2.Madhya Pradesh becomes first state to have Happiness Department
- Madhya Pradesh Cabinet on 15 July 2016 gave its nod to set up Happiness Department in the state. The department will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness.
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state in India to have ‘Happiness Department’ that will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness on the lines of Bhutan.
- The decision was taken by the state cabinet meeting presided by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
3.RBI sets up Sudarshan Sen-headed Inter-regulatory working Group on Fin Tech and Digital Banking:
- The reserve bank of India constituted an inter-regulatory working group (WG) to study the entire gamut of regulatory issues relating to Fin Tech (Financial Technology) and Digital Banking in India.
4.Justice Shah headed SIT on black money recommends ban on cash transactions above 3 lakh rupees:
- The Supreme Court-constituted Special Investigation Team (SIT) on black money on 14 July 2016 submitted its fifth report to the apex court. The SIT was headed by retired Justice M B Shah.
5.GM Harika Dronavalli wins Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy in China
6.Country’s first industrial park for women entrepreneur to come up in Uttarakhand
7.Indian Naval Ships visit Port Kelang, Malaysia
Daily Gk Updates 17-18th September
1.Nelson Mandela International Day 2016 observed
- Nelson Mandela International day was observed across the world on 18 July 2016 to honour the Nobel peace prize laureate Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)
2.TRI-NETRA – Terrain imaging for diesel dRivers infra-red, Enhanced Optical & Radar Assisted system:
- Ministry of Railways, Railway Board has initiated a proposal to install TRI-NETRA systems on locomotives for enhancing the vision of Locomotive Pilots in inclement weather. TRI-NETRA stands for – Terrain imaging for diesel dRivers Infra-red, enhanced optical &Radar Assisted system.
3.MISBAH-UL-HAQ BECOMES OLDEST CAPTAIN TO SCORE TEST HUNDRED
4.Three Indian sites listed among UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites
5.Commerce Ministry starts e-marketplace for goods procurement
6. 11th Asia–Europe Meeting Summit issues Ulaanbaatar Declaration
9.VIJENDER SINGH DEFEATS KERRY HOPE TO CLINCH WBO ASIA PACIFIC SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
Daily Gk Updates19 September
1.Guruprasad Mohapatra appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India
- Senior IAS officer (1986-batch) Guruprasad Mohapatra has been appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Earlier, he was working as Joint Secretary in Union Ministry of Commerce from the past two years.
2.CBDT signs 7 advance pricing agreements to cut tax litigation with Indian taxpayers
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed seven Unilateral Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) with Indian taxpayers in a moving design to reduce tax litigation.
- With this, the total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT has reached 77. This includes 3 bilateral APAs and 74 unilateral APAs. The latest APAs signed with taxpayers pertain to various sectors like banking, information technology, and automotive.
- The website will provide information in a user-friendly format enabling citizens to view the content in the form of Infographics, e-book, performance dashboard, videos, daily news corner and so on. Viewers can engage with the content by comments and share it through social media.
4.Sidhu resigns from Rajya Sabha
BJP leader and nominated Rajya Sabha member Navjot Singh Sidhu resigned from the house, fuelling rumours that he may join the AAP (Aam Aadmi Party). Mr. Sidhu and his wife Mrs. Kaur are all set to join the APP as per sources.
5.World Bank confirms NYU’s Paul Romer as Chief Economist
6.Indian Railways to install TRI-NETRA to reduce train accidents
7. Govt. allocates Rs 22,915 cr capital to 13 PSU banks for FY17
8.IOA organises send-off event for Indian athletes participating in Rio Games
9.Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Saurav Ghosal clinch national Squash titles
10.Tata STRIVE skill development centre launched in Hyderabad
Daily Gk Updates 20 September
- 1.Nigerian journalist wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award
- A Nigerian journalist Didi Akinyelure has won the second BBC World News Komla Dumor Award for 2016.
- Didi Akinyelure is a prime-time news anchor in Nigeria and presents business news for CNBC, which broadcasts across the continent.
2.ECI Launches SVEEP portal in Hindi
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched the SVEEP Portal in the Hindi language along with two other releases in the sidelines of the Conference of Chief Electoral Officers of States by the Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi.
- The Series of Launches are : Launch of SVEEP Portal in Hindi, Launch of Matdaata Mahotsav Document and Film, and Release of NERP Handbook.
3.SBI launches Rs 7,000 crore stressed assets fund with Brookfield
- Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) SBI and Brookfield Asset Management have set up a joint venture (JV) with an initial commitment of over $1 billion to make investments in businesses with stressed assets.
- Brookfield will commit around Rs 7,000 crore and SBI up to 5 percent of the total investments into stressed assets, the state-owned bank said in a statement.
4.Parliament passes regional centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016:
- On the first day of the Monsoon session, Parliament has passed the regional centre for Biotechnology Bill 2016.
- The Regional Centre is to disseminate knowledge by providing teaching and research facilities in biotechnology and related fields.
Daily Gk Updates 21 September
1.India and Japan has signed a Social Security Agreement
2.ECI launched National Electoral Roll Purification 2016
3.Federal Bank ties up with Reliance Jio Money
Daily Gk Updates 22 September
1.Rohit Khandelwal becomes first Indian to win Mr. World title
- Rohit Khandelwal has become the first Indian to win the coveted title of Mr. World at a grand ceremony at Southport Theatre, Floral Hall, The Promenade, South port U.K.
- Khandelwal has become the first Indian and Asian to win the Mr. World title at the competition.
2. India and Japan has signed a Social Security Agreement
- ndia and Japan have signed a Social Security Agreement (SSA) that will come into force on 1st October 2016.
- The SSA will benefit Indian and Japanese professionals and skilled workers working in each other’s country and will also boost bilateral business linkages.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned the third unit of the 4×40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal.
3.BHEL commissions 40 mw hydropower units in West Bengal:Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned the third unit of the 4×40 MW Teesta Low Dam Hydro Electric Project (HEP) Stage-IV in West Bengal
4.Turkey declares 3-month state of emergency
5.IRCTC joins hands with SBI to promote rail ticketing:Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has joined hands with the State Bank of India to chalk out a detailed plan for promotion of rail ticketing activities, including internet ticketing and unreserved ticketing system.
Daily Gk Updates 23rd September
1. India, Bangladesh to jointly inaugurate Petrapole checkpost-
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated Petrapole Integrated checkpost, the biggest land port in South Asia, through video conferencing.
- According to PM Modi Petrapole checkpost will not only promote bilateral trade but also help in economic growth of both countries.
- Eight such integrated check posts along Indo-Bangladesh border to be set up.
- Petrapole-Benapole land border crossing is an important one for India and Bangladesh as 50 % of the trade passes through Petrapole.
- The Petrapole checkpost will also serve to foster greater economic integration and connectivity between both countries.
2.Cabinet approves establishment of new AIIMS at Gorakhpur
- The cabinet approved the establishment of an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
- The cost of the project for the establishment of the new AIIMS in Gorakhpur shall be Rs. 1011 crore.
3.Turkey declares three-month state of emergency
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has declared a three-month state of emergency after a failed military coup.
- The decision was made following a meeting with cabinet ministers and top security advisers in Ankara.
- More than 50 thousand state employees have been rounded up, sacked or suspended in the days since the coup attempt.
4.Aadhaar Must For Getting UGC Fellowship Or Scholarship
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked applicants to provide Aadhaar number while applying for any UGC fellowship or scholarship.
- Aadhaar will be used as an identifier for availing benefits of the UGC scholarship/fellowship schemes.
5. IIT Council to provide opportunity to foreign students to study in IITs
6. NASA announces discovery of 104 new planets outside solar system
7. BCCI conducts English language and communication skills
8. India women’s hockey team beats hosts USA 2-1 in Manheim, Pennsylvania
Daily Gk Updates 24 September
1.PM Modi attends martyrdom anniversary of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has attended a commemorative event to mark the 300th Martyrdom Anniversary of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, Prime Minister Modi has released a book and souvenir on the life of Banda Bahadur.
2.Saudi Arabia becomes Associate Member of ICC:
- Saudi Arabia was on Sunday unanimously elected as the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) 39th Associate Member during its full council meeting in Edinburgh.
- Saudi Cricket Centre (SCC) has been an Affiliate Member of the ICC since 2003 and, as per a 2014 census, boasts of 4,350 cricketers and 80 dedicated cricket facilities.
3.BRICS YOUTH SUMMIT, 2016 HELD IN GUWAHATI
- The 2016 BRICS Youth Summit held in Guwahati, Assam.
- The theme of the 2nd youth summit was “Youth as bridge for Intra-BRICS Exchanges”.
- The summit concluded with certain recommendations
4.KERALA GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO BAN ‘ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES’
- Kerala government banned ‘electronic cigarette’.
- It was banned in view of studies claiming that its use can cause various health issues, including cancer and heart ailments.
5.INDIA RANKS 35TH IN 2016 LOGISTICS PERFORMANCE INDEX
- In the recently released bi-annual Logistics Performance Index of World Bank Group, India ranked 35th among 160 countries.
- The index was published in the World Bank bi-annual report ‘Connecting to Compete 2016: Trade Logistics in the Global Economy’.
6.National mineral exploration policy unveiled
- The National mineral exploration policy has been unveiled to adopt comprehensive exploration of non fuel and non coal mineral resources.
- The objective is to set in motion a massive process for mineral exploration on the country that would give a major boost to the economy.
7.PM meets Indian athletes going to participate in Rio Olympic
8.Dharmendra Pradhan launches Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojna in MP
9.Former French Prime Minister Michel Rocard passes away
10.India to host world’s first MMA ‘Super Fight League’
11.SBI gets $625 mn from World Bank for solar power
Daily Gk Updates 25 September
1. Nitin Gadkari kick-starts national green highways mission
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched the plantation drive on 1,500 kilometers of National Highways at a cost of about 300 crore rupees under the National Green Highways Mission in New Delhi.
- The launch has been announced at a workshop yesterday orgnized by the National Green Highways Mission on the theme Green Highways Projects: Way Ahead.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’ will now also be telecast to Bangladesh. The programme which reaches crores of people in real time featuring PM Modi talking on various subjects related to social, economic and political which have international audience soon.
- Mann Ki Baat will be broadcast in Bangladesh on All India Radio’s upcoming Bangla language service channel Akashvani Maitree, for which AIR has made arrangements to receive comments and voice messages from Bangladeshi citizens.
3.President presents BC Roy National Awards for 2008, 2009 & 2010
- President Pranab Mukherjee has presented the Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy national awards for 2008, 2009 and 2010 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- These awards were presented on the occasion of National Doctors’ Day observed on July 1 to pay honour and tribute to India’s most famous physician Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
4.SBI Launched By Digital Village
- Balal village in Kasargode district in the state of Kerala is one of the 21 villages selected across the country by the State Bank of India under the SBI Digital Village initiative, which will be launched by the SBI Chairperson on State Bank Day (1st July).
- The objective of the initiative is to popularise digital banking in rural areas. The bank has already installed an ATM, provided free Wi-Fi connection and conducted technology training sessions at Balal village.
5.Indigenously built Tejas inducted into IAF
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) inducted the first squadron of the indigenously made Light Combat Aircraft Tejas into its fleet.
- An induction ceremony to induct two Tejas aircrafts was held at the Aircraft Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) in Bengaluru, which included a multi religious prayer.
6.Ravi Shastri resigns from ICC post
- Former India captain and Team Director Ravi Shastri has resigned from his post as media representative in ICC’s prestigious Cricket Committee.
- The chairman of ICC Cricket Committee is current Team India coach Anil Kumble, who pipped Shastri to the job after getting nod from high profile Cricket Advisory Committee.
- The official reason is his busy media commitments as commentator, TV expert and columnist.
7.RAILWAY MINISTER SURESH PRABHU LAUNCHES NIVARAN PORTAL
- Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu Minister of Railways has launched “NIVARAN portal” an online system.
- The system is launched for redressal of service related grievance of serving and former railway employees.
8.INDIA’S FIRST INTEGRATED DEFENCE COMMUNICATION NETWORK LAUNCHED
Daily Gk Updates 26 September
1.India successfully test fires ballistic missile ‘Barak-8′
- Ballistic missile Barak-8 has been successfully tested from Balasore district of Odisha.
- The missile has been test fired from launch pad no-3 of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur.
- The Barak-8 is India’s new surface to air missile which is developed jointly with the Israel.
2.Anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra inducted in Navy
- Indigenously-built heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo Varunastra has been successfully inducted in the navy, making India one of the 8th countries to have the capability to design and build such a system.
- It has been developed by Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), a premier laboratory of DRDO.
- Alvin Toffler, the Famous author of Future Shock, passed away on in Los Angeles, United States. He was 87.
- Toffler’s book Future Shock outlines people’s anxiety at the pace of social change in the 1960s.
4.Sameer emerges fastest athlete of 56th National Inter-state Athletics
- Sameer Mon, the veteran sprinter of India, won gold in 100 meter dash in 10.60 seconds at the 56th National Inter-state Senior Athletics Championships in Hyderabad
- With this, Sameer, representing Manipur, also became the fastest athlete in the country.
5.India supplies 60 modern passenger coaches to Bangladesh Railway
- India has supplied 60 modern passenger coaches to Bangladesh Railway.
- An intercity train with these coaches was flagged off at Dhaka yesterday by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in presence of High Commissioner of India Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
6. Viswanathan Anand honoured with ‘Honoris Causa’ Doctor of Science degree
- Five-time World Champion Viswanathan Anand has conferred the “Honoris Causa” Doctor of Science by Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT) during its 49th convocation ceremony.
- The 46-year-old Anand was bestowed with the degree by NITI aayog chairman Arvind Panagariya.
- India’s first integrated defence communication network was launched, enabling the army, air force, navy and the Special Forces Command to share situational awareness for a faster decision-making process
- The Defence Communication Network (DCN), a strategic, highly secure and scalable system, has a pan-India reach from Ladakh to the North East to island territories.
- The Union Cabinet has granted its approval to set up India Post’s payments bank, 650 branches of which will be made operational by September 2017.
- The payments bank will be managed with a professional setup, headed a chief executive officer, and will have representations from various other government departments including the Department of Posts, Department of Expenditure and Department of Economic Services among others.
9.Railway Ministry to install CCTV cameras at 1000 stations
- Railway Ministry will install CCTV cameras at one thousand railway stations across the country.
- The camera footage will help investigate incidents taking place at the stations.
- 500 crore rupees have been earmarked for the purpose under Nirbhaya fund.
we hope you liked this article .. please share this article on social sites like facebook, whatsapp, twitter, google plus, pinterest, foursquare, india forum etc.